The Go Handbook for beginners: A step-by-step guide to learning Go, from the basics to advanced features.
Go is an awesome, simple, modern, fast programming language. It’s compiled, open source, strongly typed.
It was created by Google engineers with these main goals:
- make their projects compile (and run) faster
- be simple so people can pick it up in little time
- be low level enough but also avoid some pitfalls of being too low level
- be portable (compiled Go programs are binaries that do not require other files to run and are cross-platform, so they can be distributed easily)
- be boring, stable, predictable, offer less opportunities to make mistakes
- make it easy to take advantage of multiprocessor systems.