Think and Grow Rich
Think and Grow Rich was written by Napoleon Hill in 1937 and remains one of the most influential self-improvement book of all time.
While the book is said to be the result of more than twenty years of study of many individuals who had amassed personal fortunes (millionaires in their days), the author insists that his philosophy can help people succeed in any line of work, to do and be anything they can imagine.
Big Ideas from the book:
- Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
- The starting point of all achievement is desire.
- You are the master of your destiny.
- When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
- Your greatest success will often come just one step beyond the point at which defeat has overtaken you.
- Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass.